Lines open from 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
- Net Curtains Alteration Service Guide
- Alter the Drop with Header Tape (Header Tape Alteration Optional)
- Terms and Conditions
Net Curtains Alteration Service
Net curtains are a classic choice for any living room or bedroom when you want privacy but don’t want to cut down on light. At Chiltern Mills we have a wide range of different styles of Ready-Made Net Curtains from simple plain fabrics to more decorative styles. We have a range of standard sizes, but you may find that they don’t fit your window space exactly. This can be simply remedied with our alteration service.
Alterations are done for a small additional charge with any purchase of ready-made Net curtains from Chiltern Mills. You can check our pricing chart below for a price guide or ask in store. We advise using our measuring guide, so you can provide us with correct dimensions and specifications. Then our team of expert alteration technicians will do all the hard work for you. The average turn around time for alterations is usually 4 days. We will let you know when they are ready.
We recommend that you let our team do the alterations as we have over 20 years of experience and always aim at perfection.
Our in-house team of professional technicians and experienced seamstresses do all the work, we never outsource to other companies. This means that Chiltern Mills can control quality and deliver the best service to you, giving you piece of mind. After being altered by our team it will look you had them custom made for your room.
Alter the Drop with Header Tape (Header Tape Alteration Optional)
This service is only available for customers who have bought a pair of net curtains online or in the store.
All sizes stated are approximations only.
The measuring guide below is meant to be a guide only and the final measurements shall be chosen by you.
If you require any further help then please ring on 0113 2840655.
Alternatively email Chiltern Mills on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chiltern recommend that you use a metal tape if possible as it gives a more accurate size.
Buying Net Curtains
All our Net Curtains are sold by the metre usually off the roll although there are some ready made widths and drops.
Windowsills and floors are not always level so Chiltern recommend measuring this in 3 places.
The best places are at the ends of the window and in the centre.
Measuring the Width of the Net Curtains for placing in the recess
Take the smallest measurement for your inside width and the longest measurement for your drop.
We recommend that you double the size of the inside width that you have taken to give that good fullness to the net.
So if the inside width of the window is 164cm then multiply this by 2 to get the width of 328cm. For this measurement you would order 3 metres.
If you are measuring in inches then divide you total measurements by 39 and this will give you the meterage that you want.
So if your window width inside the recess is 62" then multiply this by 2 to get 124".
When you divide this by 39" you get 3.1 metres so the measurement you require would be 3 metres.
Measuring and Altering the Drop of the Net Curtain - £1.50 per metre
To measure the drop correctly, measure the distance from highest point of the inside recess.
Our Net Curtains come in standard drop sizes.
To complete the alteration simply choose the nearest drop size that you want and then enter the new drop size in the alterations box that you will see.
Adding a 2.54(1") or 7.6cm (3") Header Tape after Shortening the Drop - £2 per metre
After you have altered the drop then you may want to add a header tape.
To choose this service please select the option and then add to basket.
Note that this service cannot be selected on its own; it can only be done when you choose to alter the drop as well.
The charge is based on the width of the nets you have chosen.
Do not forget to have a look at our tensions rods for that perfect fit to support your nets.
Terms and Conditions
- All sizes are approximations.
- Normal times for alterations are 4 days if the item is in stock.
- If the Nets have to be ordered in then we shall advise on a delivery time accordingly.
- There is a quality check for any damages before alterations start.
- The Net Curtains are checked after alteration and before despatch to ensure that the work has been carried out correctly.
- Please note there is no refund on Net Curtains that have been altered unless the goods supplied are not of merchantable quality.
- All measurements have to be to the nearest whole centimetre or inches.
- Most manufacturers impose tolerance levels on the slight differences that may occur in manufacture for width and drop and colours.
- Chiltern Mills work with these tolerance levels but cannot be held responsible if sizes or colours on individual products bought are within these tolerance levels.
- Any unused fabric will not normally be sent with your order.